[bookshare-discuss] Re: Bookshare Online Chat Room To Open Friday, June 8, 2007

  • From: "Susan Lumpkin" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:58:17 -0500

Cindy,

We hope to give

-----Original Message-----
From: Grandma Cindy [mailto:popularplace@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 4:45 AM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Bookshare Online Chat Room To Open Friday,
June 8, 2007

I'm a little confused. My undersanding has been that
the bksvol-discuss list is for volunteers to ask
questions and discuss volunteer problems, matters,
etc. (even though many of us discuss a lot of other
things, since we  feel it helps cement friendships),
and the bookshare-discuss was for everyone to discuss
whatever they want, as opposed to topics to do with
volunteering. I'm wondering what the difference is,
except for the capability of speech in  real time, and
maybe posts nd responses in real time, between the
online chat room and the bookshare list. Is the latter
supposed to be just for discussions about books, or is
it also for general topics? We've tried some book
discussions but they haven't lasted very long.