[bookshare-discuss] Bookshare History

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 14:08:27 -0700

Hi, everyone,

I have a question about the history of bookshare, sort of.

When did validators begin to remove headers from books?  I have recently read
two books from the collection that had a header on every page--the chapter
title or author's name on one page, the book title on the other.  Since these
headers were consistant throughout the book, I assume that the books entered
the collection before the idea of removing headers took effect.

One of the books Gift of the Deer by Helen Hoover was so marvelous that I did
not mind the intrusive headers too much.  It is wonderful to discover such a
delightful new author.

Cat Lover Lori