[bookshare-discuss] Re: Bookshare Books - Device Listening Survey

  • From: "lana" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:30:30 -0700

My opinion only.  The computer voice, especially the acapella voice (sp?)
available as a download from Bookshare is great, but navigating around victor
soft is a challenge for one used to the ease of the stream.  Also, who wants to
carry a computer around with them.  I have the Book Sense from G W Micro, and
like the voice better.  Booksense is expensive, and keep a safety pin attached
to your lanyard, so you can do the resets which are, all to often necessary,
but the voice is better.  The speaker is more powerful, too, so less need for
externals.