[bookshare-discuss] Re: Book Wish: My reality Check Bounced

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:47:10 -0400

Kellie,

I had not heard that since it was my generation and we were the first ones to refuse the draft, burn draft cards, and rally against the Vietnam War. We were 18 in 1963 and were anything but silent over the next 2 decades. We were the ones to accept JFK's challenge. Those born a few years before me were the first group to join the Peace Corp. If someone named us the silent generation he or she must have been deaf or asleep during those years.

Amy
omsm
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>