[bookshare-discuss] Book Submitted BRown Sunshine

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:06:45 -0400

Book submitted under the .rtf section of the website.

Brown Sunshine of Saw Dust Valley
By Marguerite Henry

From the Book Jacket::
Dear Diary,       .

 I get a sick feeling whenever I look at a person riding a horse and acting
so smug and happy at being up there. I just want to crawl under a rock and
cry.

There's nothing Molly wants more than a horse of her very own. She doesn't
care if it's a filly or a colt. Just as long as it's young and strong and
can gallop faster than mean Freddy Westover's old mare Delia.

Then Molly's dream comes true: She's getting her own horse! But the mare she
gets isn't quite what Molly wanted. Lady Sue's so old and worn out, she's
probably  slower  than Delia!

But Lady Sue has a surprise for Molly that's better than anything-a baby
mule  Molly plans to turn Brown Sunshine into a hard worker and a good
friend. But Brown Sunshine just may have a few surprises in store for  her.

 "A different sort of horse story, this engaging novel will be appreciated
by Henry's many fans."-Booklist

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council