[bookshare-discuss] Re: Book Share Downloads Back to Normal

  • From: Duane Iverson <diverson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:32:38 -0500

I can state that it works very well now.
Up until now I have never downloaded a daisy audio book from Bookshare. I've downloaded plenty of books, of course, but if I wanted to read them on my Victor Stream I put them in Kurzweil and made MP3 files. Anyway just for the fun of it I requested a book to download using the daisy audio format. I called for High Justice by J. E. Pournelle. It took about twenty minutes from requesting the book to the book being ready for download. I downloaded the book and I am very impressed with the quality of the voice and the reading. I'll be downloading a lot more in the future using that format.
Anyway I presumed that the machinery processed the book when you ordered it. I doubt not that Bookshare staff had to make adjustments to keep things working correctly but do they have to have a human intervene on each book that is processed? Or does the computer do the processing? Just curious.

Duane Iverson
 Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.