[bookshare-discuss] Bonnie Prince Charlie, Please return him

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:17:55 -0400

Dear List,

I'm writing to request that anyone who has downloaded The Private Passions of Bonnie Prince Charlie, by Hugh Douglas, please return it to the step one page. I've invested several hours in it, but was snagged when page divisions which were neither page breaks nor section breaks began appearing in mid page. I started another book while searching for a solution to the problem, one which hasn't occurred in a book I've worked on before.

I bought 2 copies of the book brand new, and sent one to Carrie to scan and kept the other to use in validating. If you need the book validated quickly, I'll make it my top priority after I finish the last third of the book I'm working on now which should take no more than 3 days since I've resolved my formatting questions in it.

Bonnie Prince charlie has several validating challenges including an elaborate family tree, a time line, and 28 pages of end notes and indices in columns.and a bibliography. I was working on them as I validated the text, because they're tedious and I didn't want to save them to do all at once at the end.

The title may be misleading but this book is deep history and not a romantic novel of historic fiction.

Thank you in advance and I'll concentrate on preparing Charlie for uploading if I can have him back.

Always with love,

Lissi