[bookshare-discuss] Re: Bob Acosta service to Bookshare readers and others reading adapted books

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:05:49 -0400

Hi all,

Miriam, let me correct any misapprehension on your part as to what's what in this discussion.

One, the facilitators for the book discussions do not get paid at all. They are, as I can attest being one, volunteers. We facilitate our discussions because we want to do so and because we love what we do.

Two, Bob Acosta runs Helping Hands For The Blind, an organization which is a nonprofit.

http://www.helpinghands4theblind.org/

He has been its founder and president since 1990.

Bob Acosta also runs Accessible World. this is a TC Conference server where the book discussions can be found. I believe that this part of his activities was started by Pat Price, and he has continued her work since her untimely death.

http://www.accessibleworld.org

I just figured that you ought to know the correct information about Bob Acosta and his organizations. Hope that this clarifies.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."
Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of