[bookshare-discuss] Re: Beta feedback and questions

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:26:03 -0400 (EDT)

Rick

The WSJ is incomplete also on the NewsLine telephone system; hence, the
incomplete issues here on BookShare.
So much is missing from the Wall Stree Journal, including the regular
columns, that it makes its downloading almost worthless.
Fortunately, I am a subscriber to the WSJ Online edition so I can grab
there what I actually want to read.
The bottom line, to your question, is that the problem lies not on the
BookShare end of things but in the original production of the NewsLine
feed.
Perhaps these decisions were a reflection of a need to keep people off the
phone system as much as possible; hopefully now with a means for
delivering newsline via electronic form, some reconsidering of what is
included in the feed is given.

Note that the Wall Street Journal publishes a variety of editions; what
NewsLine seems to do is produce a so-called highlights version rather than
the domestic WSJ which what most of us here in the U.S. would want to
read.