[bookshare-discuss] Beta feedback and questions

  • From: Rick.Roderick@xxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:40:55 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have been downloading quite a few newspapers on the site and have a couple
of questions:

1.  Except for Monday, July 19, the New York Times has been very complete.
However, the Wall Street Journal issues are very short, and I am finding
that they seem imcomplette..  This morning's is about 107k long.  This seems
to be true both in Daisy and BRF.

2.  When I download a file here at work, I am asked if I want to open the
file.  I assume this is because Duxbury is on my system here.  When I do so,
I get messages about Depth exceeded" and "width exceeded.  I am using a 25
lines and 40 characters per line.  What does Bookshare use?

3.  This question may be related.  I am finding that with a lot of Bookshare
files, I seem to be getting linefeeds without carriage returns.  When I put
my Braille Lite Millennium 40 in "show character mode", I get J's and not
M's.  This can cause the BLT not to show news lines correctly, and the
advance bar will sometimes skip in this situation.  The old Qedit can fix
this, but it only works with fairly small files in pure DOS.  Does anyone
have a solution for this?

Rick Roderick