[bookshare-discuss] Baseball book I am attempting

  • From: "Shelley Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:45:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi you all, found a book entitled

Why baseball works.

it is kind of neat in that it explains, among the numerous number of
pictures, what makes a baseball the way it is, and other things.

It is fascinating reading, but will be a bear to edit.

Wondering if someone wants to take it on.  I am enjoying reading bits and
pieces as I go.

Learned that baseballs at their cores is cork, with a rubber core, wool yarn
around that then cotton string and then the "cover" of leather.

Is very interesting, and would be a fan's definite book of interest.  By the
by, baseball players didn't wear gloves until 1910, ouch!
And the first one who did was considered a sissy, but then the rest decided
he was smart, smile.

Also, until after World War II, uniforms were made of flannel wool!  Itchy,
and can you imagine playing in Florida in one!  Man!  That would be very
hot!

Just wondering if someone might want to take this guy on when I am done with
it, or it will end up on the "to be gotten to someday pile".

Smile.

Anyway, is called

The way baseball works / introduced by Tim McCarver ; text by Dan Gutman.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

"Courage is not being without fear,
but courage is to go forward in spite of
fear."

Shelley L. Rhodes