[bookshare-discuss] Anyone Up for a Challenge?

  • From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:21:10 -0400

Hi guys,

The talk about dictionaries got me thinking.   I have this book sitting here
that is screaming to be scanned.  Was contemplating scanning it myself, it's
called 501 Spanish verbs, or something like that.  It's not impossible, but
it's got me kinda nervous.  For example, how well do accent marked
characters scan?  It also has interesting colomn format on each page.  If it
works, it could be such a great resource though!  It's got conjugations for
just about every type of grammatical situation one might encounter.  I've
used it all through high school and college Spanish as a reference.  I used
it always with a reader however, but thought it'd be something worth having
on BS.  it could be a quick and helpful way to look up stuff.  A lot of the
sighted kids in my classes always carried a book or two like this.  If we
don't already have something like this, I think it'd be worth a shot.

So, what does everyone think?  Anyone wanna try it? <smile>.  I so want it
up there, but don't see myself as being the best person to make it happen.
If anyone is willing to take it on however, I will gladly mail you the
book.So, all you great scanners and validators out there, who'll take this
on!  Who will rise to meet the challenge?

Best,
Allison