[bookshare-discuss] Re: Announce: Third annual book drive now open!

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:15:29 -0700

Hi,

Sorry for the very long delay in replying. I've been behind on my email perpetually. I have health issues making it hard to stay caught up sometimes, besides I have other ongoing projects.

In response to your question, feel free to write something if you want. I suggest taking a look at http://baechler.net/ and making excerpts of the full announcement. All material on baechler.net is released under a Creative Commons license which gives you the right to reuse the text in any way you want as long as you give attribution and release your changes under the same license. I'm glad you asked about this as it wasn't something I really thought much about. While we're on the subject, do you or anyone have any ideas on how I can get funds donated to buy books, preferably and hopefully on a regular, year-round basis? I'm not so much looking for a grant as much as a corporate sponsor, but I'll take grants if someone wants to do the paperwork. I'm not looking for money to be pledged, but if I could find a sponsor to donate anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, that would be good. The problem with that though is the stupid limits placed on me by Social Security, so maybe something like a fund I can take X dollars out of as needed to buy books which isn't in my name but financed through an organization.

For these types of issues, it's probably best to write to me directly off list at bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx The home page for the book drive is: http://baechler.net/

At 06:47 AM 8/21/07 -0700, you wrote:
Tony, will there be a pithy call for books I can send around to people I
know who would definitely want to donate?

Nan