[bookshare-discuss] Re: AADB and Daisy books

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <darrell.shandrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:28:18 -0700

Hello Jamie,

I think it is definitely good to have choice.  Certainly, of course, I think
the Federal government should endorse and even fund Bookshare as part of the
NLS program, but that shouldn't be done in such a manner as to take away the
currently developing digital audio book program in the process.

I would ask Randy to do two things.  First, sign up for Bookshare and start
using the service, if he isn't doing that already.  From his note below, it
sounds as though he is not.  Second, contact Benetech directly by phone or
e-mail to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for official information from the Bookshare
staff.  I think we can certainly let him know what we feel *should* be done,
but only Benetech staff can advise him in any sort of official capacity.

Randy should also be informed about the existence of the NLS Web-Braille
program, if he isn't already aware.

Hope this helps.