[bookshare-discuss] A Double Dose of Horror in May

  • From: "Adaptive Technology Services" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:43:00 -0700

The Horror Book Club hopes you're ready to eat a healthy helping of horrific literature for this month's meeting.

For your consumption, we offer not one, but two literary courses. Try one or the other, or, if you are able, enjoy both dishes of darkness. If you have a weakness for novels, try Jack Ketchum's She Wakes, available from Bookshare at the following link:

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=36327

If your preference is to eat a la carte, you will enjoy Jack Ketchum's Peaceable Kingdom, a collection of short fiction, which can be found at:

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=36326

For dessert, ... if there's any room left, we'll share thoughts on recent books or movies of interest, whether or not they fall inside the scope of the horror genre.

The Horror Book Club meets the last Thursday of every month. This time around, our meeting will take place on May 29, at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. To Join the book club discussion, which is hosted by the Friends of Bookshare, go to the following link:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Come join us for some dissection of the scary, and we'll have a great time.