[bookport] Re: which one to buy?

  • From: "Mike Arrigo" <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:28:59 -0500

Hi there. I actually have both, and they both have there strong points. The
book port is geared a bit more toward blind users, it provides features such
as reading by character, the ability to search for pauses in audio files,
and the ability to change the speed of audio files. The upcoming release of
the software will also allow you to write notes, assuming you know computer
Braille. The bookcourier has a few things the book port doesn't, namely a
key describe feature that will describe each key, and it does cost a bit
less, especially if you're a member of bookshare, or own the kurzweil 1000,
you can get a discount on a bookcourier this way. I do find the commands on
the courier a bit easier to memorize, this is not to say the book port's
interface is bad, just the way I learn I guess. Both units are exactly the
same size, and both use 2 aa batteries. Hope this info helps.