[bookport] Re: translation problem and lock beep problem

  • From: "Barrett, Don" <Don.Barrett@xxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:04:45 -0400

Rob,

Regarding the print page numbers, there are some very definite consistencies
which can be tested for by the software.

First, Braille page numbers always occur at the right-hand bottom corner so
that they are the last word before the form feed so they could be easily
eliminated if they are translated which I can't remember.

Regarding print page numbers, if the page changes in the middle of the Braille
page, the first occurrence of the new number is always preceded by a full line
of dashes, so that any word which has as its beginning let's say twenty dashes
and a number sign could be eliminated.

For the numbers like a5 etc. which occur at the top right of the page, they are
always preceded by three spaces which could be tested for.  Another way of
testing for them would be to  say "delete the word which occurs before the
first linefeed after each form feed.

I use Wintrans to translate books before sending them to the BookPort because I
find the page number issue so distracting when using the APH back translator.

Thoughts?

Don