[bookport] Re: translation problem and lock beep problem

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:58:01 -0400

Don:

I wouldn't count on keypresses ever not activating the unit. As for
print page numbers, how could we confirm for sure that it is a page
number we are discarding? Page numbers could be anywhere in any format.

Rob Meredith

>>> Don.Barrett@xxxxxx 08/15/05 10:32AM >>>

1. Can APH consider a check box which will disallow the inclusion of
print page numbers in translated .brf documents for those who just want
straight reading without hearing page numbers.  Lots of these numbers
get translated as nonsense words and really are quite annoying as you
have to stop and go back to see what you misheard and it turns out to be
a word like ablee which is really print page number a#5.

2. Also, is there a way for key presses not to activate the unit when
locked beeps are turned off.  As it is now, the present configuration is
potentially dangerous for a flash card as one might hit a key and not
realize it as there is no beep, and remove the card while the unit is
still live.

Don