[bookport] Re: transferring folder to the bookport

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:55:27 -0400

Eamon:

First, when transferring a folder to the Book Port, you would use the
Send To Book Port, via Windows Explorer.  You can't transfer folders
through the software.

Second, if you want the books in a particular folder, you could create
a folder in Book Port Transfer (i.e. books, or adams, etc.) open the
folder, then anything you transfer during that session will end up in
that folder you created, unless you hit backspace to close it.  You can
transfer the books directly from the CD, rather than copying the files
to the computer, first.  They are text files, so they do need to go
through the transfer, but they take a very minimal time to
transfer--probably less time than it took to copy to the PC).  So, save
yourself the steps.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> eoconnor@xxxxxxx 05/31/07 11:31AM >>>
Hi folks,

Is it possible to transfer a folder from your pc, to the Bookport via
Bookport Transfer, and have the contents of that folder played?

background:
The cd which comes with the bookport, has a folder called books,
containing  some 1700 titles.

I copied some books from this folder to a dedicated folder on my pc.

Using the Bookport Transfer program, I then copied the folder from  the
pc
to the Bookport.    I can find the folder, and I'm  told it's size.
however, when I press the number 2, to start the first file, (or open
the
folder with zero and pound,) I end up in a neighbouring audio file.

Maybe I should first create an  empty folder on the Bookport, before
transferring files to it?

all advice welcome.

Regards,

Eamonn

This communication is intended solely for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may
contain privileged and/or other confidential information.  If you are
not the intended recipient,
or believe that you have received this communication in error, please
do not print, copy,
retransmit, disclose, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use the
information.
Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email
message in error,
and delete the copy you have received.

For more information on the Office of the Refugee Applications
Commissioner please consult our website at www.orac.ie

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept  for
the presence of computer viruses.