[bookport] Re: transferring folder to the bookport

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:53:28 -0500

That would be one thing you could do. Here is how you send complete folders to the Bookport.

While in Windows Explorer, cursor to the folder you want to send. Don't open it. Press your applications key. Arrow up until you hear, "Send to." Press enter. The first thing you should hear is, "Send to Bookport." If not, arrow up or down until you do. Press enter on that. If your BP is connected, Bookport transfer will send your folder directly to the BP. If it isn't connected, your folder will be cued to send the next time you connect the Bookport.

At 10:31 AM 5/31/2007, eoconnor@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi folks,

Is it possible to transfer a folder from your pc, to the Bookport via Bookport Transfer, and have the contents of that folder played?

background:
The cd which comes with the bookport, has a folder called books, containing some 1700 titles.

I copied some books from this folder to a dedicated folder on my pc.

Using the Bookport Transfer program, I then copied the folder from the pc to the Bookport. I can find the folder, and I'm told it's size. however, when I press the number 2, to start the first file, (or open the folder with zero and pound,) I end up in a neighbouring audio file.

Maybe I should first create an empty folder on the Bookport, before transferring files to it?

all advice welcome.

Regards,

Eamonn

This communication is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may

contain privileged and/or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,

or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy,

retransmit, disclose, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use the information.

Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email message in error,

and delete the copy you have received.

For more information on the Office of the Refugee Applications

Commissioner please consult our website at www.orac.ie

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.