[bookport] Re: the latest book port 2 news

  • From: Bruce Toews <KetchupBoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:31:24 -0500 (CDT)

Pamela, I respect your honesty and forthrightness very much. Thanks for telling us instead of making us find out ourselfves the hard way. I have a lot of respect for you and for APH.

Bruce

--
An accessible captcha solution that does not take into account the needs
of the deaf-blind is no acceptable solution at all.

Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: KetchupBoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LiveJournal: http://masterofmusings.livejournal.com

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Pamela Rader wrote:

Hello Book Port Listers:

As promised, I mentioned that I would keep the list apprised of any information
I learned, as soon as I learned it.

In lieu of the questions and comments in recent days on this list, concerning
the problems with Springer Design and the fact that they have stopped the
development of the Book Courier and what effect that might have on our product,
I consulted with my supervisor and this is the response I received:

"Because of additional problems with the development of the product, we are not
going forward with the Book Port 2 project."

I wasn't given anything other than this.  I think the statement is pretty
conclusive.  I don't know if we're pursuing other manufacturers or if we're
stopping altogether.  Given the way the technology is evolving and the current
products on the market, I'd be surprised if we do that, but again, this part is
strictly my opinion.  I think it's probably time for us to lick our wounds and
try to move on.  By the time we seek another vendor and put the process in
motion, considerable time will have elapsed (we've already taken too long as it
is).

So, no Book Port 2, unless otherwise informed.

We will continue to keep this list going for those of you who are still using
the current product.

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Pamela