[bookport] Re: squalk squeek silence

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:29:49 -0500

Try a different set of batteries.  I have found that the lower the
quality of battery, the poorer the performance, so you might want to
keep that in mind, when purchasing batteries for your Book Port.  If
better batteries still produce the same result, then leave both the
batteries and the compact flash card out for at least 24 hours.  Also,
try a different flash card, if necessary.  If none of that works, then
you'll need to send it back for repair.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> wa9top@xxxxxxxxx 02/08/07 08:23PM >>>
        The subject says it all.  I went to use my bookport and got an
error
message when I connected it to the computer to transfer a file.  Then
I got nothing out of it.  When I removed and re-installed the
batteries, I got a bookport message saying defaults restored.  Then
squeaks squalks and sounds for about two seconds and then nothing.  I
have left it off for five minnits or so.  Will try leaving the
bateries out for longer.  Is it time to ship back to APH?  Is their
something I can try?