[bookport] Re: software/firmware updates

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:09:27 -0500

Hi Beth,

In my experience, when aph releases updates to the BookPort that are not
beta releases, if you have the automatically check for updates checked in
the options section of the Book Port transfer software, then you will get
notified about both firmware and software updates and be able to
automatically get both. During the beta testing, however, the software is
available automatically but the firmware has to be manually downloaded and
the file that you download has to be run with the Book Port plugged in to
your computer. The firmware updates are less frequent than the software
updates. I hope this helps.

Robert Carter