[bookport] posts to the list

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:52:10 -0400

Ladies and Gentleman:

I posted a similar message yesterday, but since it has been relatively ignored
and since some of you are of the opinion that it doesn't matter too much, I am
once again pleaing for your assistance.  With respect to your opinions on this
matter and one's right to use the Delete Key, I must once again ask that we
PLEASE learn to compose a new message with the appropriate Subject Line for
your post.  While I do realize it may be easier for some of you to hit the
Reply key to just simply reply to a message, it really is necessary that we
take the time to make a new message and new subject for that message.  As I
tried to point out yesterday, in a similar message request, every message to
this list is archived.  And, although I myself don't do the archiving, as
keeper of the list, I am once again asking that you honor this.  Recently, a
caller asked if there were posts on our list to a given topic and it was like
looking for a needle in a haystack, because there were 30 posts with a subject
line, but only 5 (five) actual messages posted to the list that had anything to
do with the topic at hand.  This is why I'm asking let us please break our lazy
habits and clean things up!  It'll make life easier for not only those of us
who are reading every post, but it'll also make it easier for those trying to
browse an archive to find the information.

By doing this, a person will be able to look and see that they can find
information about batteries, flash cards, WMA Conversion, etc., and find
exactly what they are looking for.  Although I wasn't the one who started this
list, I am the one who inherited it.  Therefore, I would greatly appreciate all
of your cooperation in this matter.

Thank you!

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind