[bookport] Re: please help!

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 03:03:24 -0500

You didn't fry your Bookport. You can certainly use rechargeable batteries. Just make sure they are fully charged before you either update the firmware or you transfer books.

Try to format your CF card by pressing the four corner keys. If that doesn't help, remove your CF card and batteries. Leave them out for about 24 hours. See if that helps. If not, let us know.

At 04:41 PM 9/22/2006, Tai Schmittroth wrote:

I simply can't get any sound out of the bookport. It was not working properly even before I tried to update the firmware. I thought it might be the complact flas card, but the computer recognized the contents of the card without difficulty. I tried to reset the bookport but was unsuccessful. I took out the alkaline batteries I had in there and replaced them with another set of alkalines but nothing helped. I hadn't tried to update the firmware before this point. When nothing else worked, I attempted to update the firmware and mistakenly replaced my alkaline batteris with rechargeables. I hadn't read in the manual that this was a no-no. Did I fry my unit? Is there any other option besides paying for a new bookport? Please help! I will be so lost without my BP.
Tai
Checked by AVG Free Edition.