[bookport] please help!

  • From: "Tai Schmittroth" <tai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:41:25 -0600

I simply can't get any sound out of the bookport. It was not working
properly even before I tried to update the firmware. I thought it might be
the complact flas card, but the computer recognized the contents of the card
without difficulty. I tried to reset the bookport but was unsuccessful. I
took out the alkaline batteries I had in there and replaced them with
another set of alkalines but nothing helped. I hadn't tried to update the
firmware before this point. When nothing else worked, I attempted to update
the firmware and mistakenly replaced my alkaline batteris with
rechargeables. I hadn't read in the manual that this was a no-no. Did I fry
my unit? Is there any other option besides paying for a new bookport? Please
help! I will be so lost without my BP.
Tai