[bookport] Re: (off topic) Book Share Software

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:44:47 -0400

Hi:

You will need to download the Book Share Unpacking utility to unzip the
books--Book Port will not recognize the "BKS" extension the files are in.
However, once the book has been unpacked, you can send either the OPF file,
which is the Daisy book, or the "BRF" file, which is braille.  Both files will
use the Double talk speech on the Book Port.

When you bought your Book Port, you got a demo version of the Book Wizard
Reader program, which is what the Book Port uses to convert the Daisy material.
 You do not need to do anything to make that happen, however, because the Book
Port Transfer software will do the conversion for you.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/13/07 05:49PM >>>
Eric,

After I download the daisy version of a bs book, I just copy the main book
file and put it in a txt file.  I used to read it on my computer that way
all the time.

Can't the book port read .txt files?

Nancy