[bookport] Re: news?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:09:19 -0500

At the moment there is no development of Bookport2. Perhaps in the future there will be one, but not right now. The Bookport itself will not be updated. Every once in a while BP Transfer is updated. Open Bookport Transfer. Go to advanced options, and make sure "Check for updates." is checked. This should allow you to receive updates for BP Transfer.

At 03:55 PM 4/20/2008 -0400, you wrote:
Thru my stupidity I have not seen postings on this list since August 06, so
I am really out of the loopon developments. I just saw as an aside in a
message on how to return a bookport for repairs that it is no longer being
made. I bought mine three years ago and have been very happy with it. Has it
been replaced by a new storage/speech device by APH? I vaguely remember
seeing somewhere a mention of a BP model 2. has this happened? I am glad to
see that APH is still supporting it.

I gather the Victor Stream will do everything the BP does, plus download NLS
and RFBD files. So if my BP ever dies I expect I will get a stream.

My wife has to download BookShare for me since she has an XP computer, while
mine is W98SE. Does downloading to the BP check for updates so I have the
latest firmware? If not, what should I do to check.

Thanks, Ed Meskys

Edmund R. Meskys
NIEKAS Publications
National Federation of the Blind of N.H.
Moultonboro Lions Club
edmeskys@xxxxxxxxxxxx
322 Whittier Hwy
Moultonboro NH 03254-3627
my credo:
Clinton lied, nothing happened
Bush lied, thousands died
and over 3,000 permanently brain injured

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.