[bookport] news?

  • From: "Ed Meskys" <edmeskys@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:55:37 -0400

Thru my stupidity I have not seen postings on this list since August 06, so
I am really out of the loopon developments. I just saw as an aside in a
message on how to return a bookport for repairs that it is no longer being
made. I bought mine three years ago and have been very happy with it. Has it
been replaced by a new storage/speech device by APH? I vaguely remember
seeing somewhere a mention of a BP model 2. has this happened? I am glad to
see that APH is still supporting it.

I gather the Victor Stream will do everything the BP does, plus download NLS
and RFBD files. So if my BP ever dies I expect I will get a stream.

My wife has to download BookShare for me since she has an XP computer, while
mine is W98SE. Does downloading to the BP check for updates so I have the
latest firmware? If not, what should I do to check.

Thanks, Ed Meskys

Edmund R. Meskys
NIEKAS Publications
National Federation of the Blind of N.H.
Moultonboro Lions Club
edmeskys@xxxxxxxxxxxx
322 Whittier Hwy
Moultonboro NH 03254-3627
my credo:
Clinton lied, nothing happened
Bush lied, thousands died
and over 3,000 permanently brain injured