[bookport] Re: new type of sd card

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:06:53 -0500

I feel the same way. You have to admit, though, a 32 or 64 gb SD card or thumb drive, or even built into the BP itself, is quite an exciting prospect. As it is the new BP sounds like a great device, but not worth the price of a new unit; my current one has been through a lot and still works like a charm.

Have a great day,
Alex

From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:32:05 -0500 (CDT)

That's certainly what I'd want APH to do. But I'm not them, so
who knows
what'll happen. When is this new type of card going to be out,
and at what
price?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Mike Arrigo wrote:

Hi all. Was looking around on flashmemorystore.com today, and it
looks like
a new type of sd card is out, it's called sdhc, I think the hc
stands for
high capasity. These cards will be able to go up to 32 gb. Now
for the bad
news, they are not backward compatible with current sd cards. I
guess now
aph needs to make a decision, do you go with the current sd
cards which will
most likely be phased out, or do you hold up the release and
support the new
type of card. Admitedly, I'm not sure what I would do if the
decision was
mine, probably hold up the release and support the new type of
sd card.
Should be interesting to see what happens.