[bookport] new type of sd card

  • From: "Mike Arrigo" <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:27:52 -0600

Hi all. Was looking around on flashmemorystore.com today, and it looks like
a new type of sd card is out, it's called sdhc, I think the hc stands for
high capasity. These cards will be able to go up to 32 gb. Now for the bad
news, they are not backward compatible with current sd cards. I guess now
aph needs to make a decision, do you go with the current sd cards which will
most likely be phased out, or do you hold up the release and support the new
type of card. Admitedly, I'm not sure what I would do if the decision was
mine, probably hold up the release and support the new type of sd card.
Should be interesting to see what happens.