[bookport] firmware and error checking

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:41:14 -0400

Hello list,

I have admin rights on my XP machine. When I install the beta, would that
result in the machine's scanning the card? I
guess my card had some unfortunate file fragments on it. This morning, I found
a folder called found.000 with about 5100
(No, that is not a typo, I do mean 5100) .chk files in the folder. I happened
to find this folder because I put the file in a
card reader. It said it was created yesterday afternoon, and this was when I
installed beta 27.

This folder was taking up over 100mb on my card. Could this have been caused by
the fact that the firmware update
activated the error-checking utility? If so, this might cause some people to
get "card full" errors, even when they know
the card is not full.

Of course, hopefully, not many people would have that many file fragments that
resulted in .chk files! I'm not sure how
that all happened.

Angie