[bookport] find feature.

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The BookPort discussion and support list" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:55:21 -0700

I've found which, I think maybe someone else pointed out, a bug. Take any book,
use the BookPort's "find" feature with chord f, braille in "book," and press
the lower key on the far end of the second row, right hand
most which is  enter. By the way, there should be a reference to which row is
which when describing the braille layout, I.E.
With the unit in the proper position, keys facing up with the lip of the
removable memory card facing your body,
first row:
3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6.
second row:
Escape, Left,  Up, Down, Right, Enter.
third row:
7, BackSpace, Space, Space, Delete, 8.

One of the "space" keys, the fourth from the left on the third row does not
work for chording commands.
In a forward search, with "book" as an operative word, if the word is contained
inside another word like notebook, the forward search will not continue from
that point, I have to go past the occurrence of that word in
order to find other "books" as it were. In a reverse search, it works fine.
I sent a "*.kes" book from Kurzweil 1000 to Bookport which had regional
settings in it I.E. chapters book marked, however, somehow either K1000 did not
send the marks or BookPort did not translate them, I don't
know which yet.