[bookport] Re: file extention

  • From: "Don Bomer \(Tex\)" <dbomer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 16:15:44 -0500

Sorry Melody, I see what happened.

I was afraid it was too long and would wrap, but here goes anyway.

http://www.meetnewplayers.com/bend/Windows%20Media%20-%20Fun%20with%20asx%20files.htm

If that doesn't work then Google for "ASX AND extension" without the quotes.
Use all three words.  You will get a number of explinations, some very
technical, some not.  The second link is what I referred to above.  The third
one says:  "Shortcut to an audio/video file (typically in .ASF format);
references a URL for the location of the actual media."

So again, An A S X file isn't something that you can convert to M P 3, it's
just a pointer to a multimedia file.

Regards,

Don...