[bookport] ezb, buffer overflow, moving to a new card

  • From: "susan l. gerhart" <slger123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:06:42 -0700

I have been roving the archives, trying to confirm some problems and
solutions.

First, is it safe to remove the help file from the bookport? several
files were corrupted in a recent transport and I now get the melodic,
but annoying, "buffer overflow, moving on" message as I accidentally hit
Help, then need to restore defaults.

second, among several recommendations for moving from one memory card to
another, which is a better, or easier, method?

Third, here's a solution I found. and want to register for future
searchers. Moving to a new computer, after install from the CD I got 18
months ago Transport aborted with a message "EZB Braille translator
cannot start". for a related problem,  Pamela suggested, "trust me,
delete ezb.dll from the common files, un-install, re-install Bookport
Transport". sure enough, that worked, thanks, Pamela.
summary: ok to delete help or replace help file to correct corrupted
file? best way to move files to a new memory card?

susan G

P.S. one great reason for the list is to help fix problems like these
that come up in prolonged use, now hundreds of hours on my bookport. and
thanks for the off-topic tutorial on NLS politics Finally, if this list
is not the right place for questions like this, please point me to the
alternatives.  but, wow, the bookport has sure been trouble-free until
now..