[bookport] Re: external speakers

  • From: "Gene and Princess" <kb7uen5893@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:30:57 -0800

I know this referral isn't going to make sense to some people, but
here goes.  Go to www.ilounge.com for all kinds of reviews on
speakers, headphones, FM transmitters, and so on.  It is an ipod site,
but many of the accessories which have come out for the iPod will work
for the Bookport.  But before you buy an accessory make sure it
doesn't have a remote connector next to the earphone plug.  This is an
iPod specific arrangement.  Also, the USB 2.0 port on the iPod is
different than what is on the Bookport, so you would need to make sure
that everything connector wise matches up before you buy and they
ship.  Finally there are adaptor cables if you just have to have an
accessory and the connectors don't match.  Next to finally, look at
the JBL On Tour portable speakers, they are pricey, but for their
size, you won't be disappointed.  Finally, don't shoot the messager
because I am referring you to an iPod site.  Yes they are about the
ipod, but as I said earlier, it can be a great source for products for
the BP, PM, or BN.

Gene and Princess