[bookport] Re: e: Re: e: P3 CONVERSION PROGRAM

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:30:08 -0500

If you have too many files in the CF card's root directory, your Bookport can start to act strangely. It will also be sluggish if you have too many files in a folder. I usually put from 24 to 30 files in a folder. I also create subfolders within folders.

Remember when you just put MP3 files onto your CF card using Windows Explorer, you don't have the same navigation capability you do when using BP Transfer. Otherwise, using a card reader is the absolute best way to transfer large MP3 files to the Bookport, unless you need the extra navigation capabilities. If I sound redundant, forgive me. I had 4 teeth extracted today, and I am under the influence of pain meds.

At 11:11 PM 3/24/2008 -0400, you wrote:
Hi Tom:

If you use the transfer utility of Bookport to transfer your audio files, there's an option in the wizard that says send as audio files which you can check, and the audio files if they are mp3 files will be saved in that format.

However, you do not have to use the transfer wizzard to transfer your mp3 files to the unit. Those files you can copy directly to the compact flash card via windows explorer or my computer, by going to the directory where said files are, copying them to the clipboard, and then going to the compact flash card if it's connected to your computer through a card reader, and pasting them there. If you do not have a cf card reader, the computer will identify your bookport unit as mass storage device e or f etc. depending on how many storage devices orr drives are connected to your computer at the time.

So, you can go to storage device E, F, or whatever it is your computer is calling your unit, and drop the copied files onto the unit as if you were dealing with another disk drive.

Caution: You might first want to create a folder in the CF card, which you can do from windows explorer or my computer, following the same procedure you would to create a folder in another drive. Or, you should at least create a folder on your pc, and place the files you want to transfer into that folder. You can then cut or copy the folder to the clipboard and paste it onto the bookport unit. You want to do that because sometimes copying things directly onto the root directory can create problems.

Marta