[bookport] Re: e: Re: e: P3 CONVERSION PROGRAM

  • From: Marta Rodriguez <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:11:40 -0400

Hi Tom:

If you use the transfer utility of Bookport to transfer your audio files,
there's an option in the wizard that says send as audio files which you can
check, and the audio files if they are mp3 files will be saved in that format.

However, you do not have to use the transfer wizzard to transfer your mp3 files
to the unit.  Those files you can copy directly to the compact flash card via
windows explorer or my computer, by going to the directory where said files
are, copying them to the clipboard, and then going to the compact flash card if
it's connected to your computer through a card reader, and pasting them there.
If you do not have a cf card reader, the computer will identify your bookport
unit as mass storage device e or f etc. depending on how many storage devices
orr drives are connected to your computer at the time.

So, you can go to storage device E, F, or whatever it is your computer is
calling your unit, and drop the copied files onto the unit as if you were
dealing with another disk drive.

Caution:  You might first want to create a folder in the CF card, which you can
do from windows explorer or my computer, following the same procedure you would
to create a folder in another drive.  Or, you should at least create a folder
on your pc, and place the files you want to transfer into that folder.  You can
then cut or copy the folder to the clipboard and paste it onto the bookport
unit.  You want to do that because sometimes copying things directly onto the
root directory can create problems.

Marta