[bookport] default folder

  • From: peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:49:37 -0600

Hi Rob,

The Book Port doesn't know anything about a default folder.

But could it learn? I think it would be very convenient to be able to jump back to the most frequently used directory.

The basic functionality already exists on the Book Port with regard to the Help, Memo and Notes functions - you can use these features and then jump back to whatever you were doing.

Why not let the user specify a home or default directory as well?

Peter

ROB MEREDITH writes:

Peter:

The Book Port doesn't know anything about a default folder. This is
just a software enhancement to help people avoid filling up the root
folder.

Rob Meredith

peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx 09/15/05 12:36AM >>>
In the transfer software, under "Options/Advanced", the user can assign

a folder on the Book Port to serve as the default Book Port folder.

When using the Book Port, I frequently have to return to the default folder from wherever I may be at the moment, which is often several sub-directories deep in another directory.

Would it be possible to have sort of a "home" function, so that by pressing, say "2+5+8" the Book Port would quickly jump back to the default folder from wherever the user was at the moment?

Peter