[bookport] Re: daisy books

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:31:27 -0400

Edmund:

You can only speed up those files which use the Double Talk speech on
the Book Port itself. As far as the Daisy books, you can speed them up
through the Book Port Transfer software. Look at the Options menu, be
sure the Send Audio Files As Music is unchecked, then tab to the next
Audio Options tab and change the speed there. You can use the Preview to
see if it is going to be to your likeing, before sending the file.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> edmeskys@xxxxxxxxxxxx 09/30/05 07:18PM >>>
playing daisy books    I have had my bookport for several months now
and
have read many books downloaded as TXT files. I read the manual and
keep
going back and re-reading parts, but I still have a lot to learn.
Anyhow,
RFB&D has sent me several books in DAISY format but I only have a
Victor
Vibe which is very klunky to use. I think RFB&D sells software to play
them
on your computer CD drive, and last year Freedom came out with a
similar
program. Which is easier to use, and how do prices compare? If I
transfer
the daisy book to my bookport will I be able to speed up/slow down the
playing? Or do I have to pick a speed while it is on the computer and
am
limited to that speed on the bookport?
I am annoyed that the Vibe will not speed up audio CDs and MP3 disks.
If Dub
them to my bookport can I play games with the speed?
Thanks,
Edmund R. Meskys
edmeskys@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Niekas Publications