[bookport] Re: carrying case?

  • From: "Doc" <talmidim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:46:38 -0600

Executive Products has created a case for the Bookport.  Here is the link.
http://executiveproductsinc.com/

I will forward a review of the case for the new members on the list.  My
case arrives Monday.

david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

lskutchan@xxxxxxx>

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > > Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:11 PM
> > > Subject: [bookport] Re: power
> > >

> > > : Brian, this is a good thought, but one thing that complicates this
>whole
> > > : issue is the expense of manufacturing such a mechinism in the low
> > > : quantities we need.  I don't think anyone here wants to pay $600 for a
> > > : Book Port.
> > > :
> > > :
> > > : >>>
buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:46:28
bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Wednesday, February 01, 2006

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

walt@xxxxxxxxxx>

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

chill000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> [...]
> > > : } > the bookport currently uses.
> > > : } >
> > > : } > On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 07:27:40 -0800, you wrote:
> > > : } >
> > > : } >>I was glad to see that the user could change and replace the
> > > : } batteries
> > > : }
> > > : } >>in the bookport.  I'm wondering about a solution to the problem of
> > > :
> > > : } >>damaged contacts.  I
> > > : } >>use an IC-3  battery charger that quick charges the IC-3 batteries
> > > : in
> > > : }
> > > : } >>about
> > > : } >>15
> > > : } >>minutes.  This is a great comvenience.  Now when you insertt the
> > > : } batteries
> > > : } >>into
> > > : } >>this charger,  where the positive contact is, instead of feeling
> > > : the
> > > : } bare
> > > : } >>contact, if you will,  you find a round protruding piece with a
> > > : } little
> > > : } >>recess in
> > > : } >>it where you fit the little nub at the positive end of the
> > > : battery.
> > > : } When
> > > : } >>you
> > > : } >>snug the battery against this, inside, it is spring loaded.  You
> > > : fit
> > > : } in
> > > : } >>the
> > > : } >>nub
> > > : } >>and gently push in and seat the battery.  This protects the
> > > : contact
> > > : } and
> > > : } >>you
> > > : } >>never actually touch it.  Wonder if something like that could work
> > > : } for
> > > : } the
> > > : } >>BP
> > > : } >>battery recepticle.  Just thinking.  I really like the current
> > > : } >>battery/power
> > > : } >>arrangement for the BP.
> > > : } >>By the way, I don't get as much battery time per charge with the
> > > : } IC-3
> > > : } >>rechargeables, as I do with non-rechargeable alkalines.  But the
> > > : } quick
> > > : } >>charge
> > > : } >>convenience and cost savings makes it worthwhile.  If I'm reading
> > > : } only
> > > : } >>books
> > > : } >>using the synthesizer, I get 50 hours or close thereto
> > > : } >>Lois.
> > > : } >
> > > : } >
> > > : } >
> > > : } >
> > > : }
> > > : }
> > > : }
> > > : }
> > > : }
> > > : }
> > > : >-- End of excerpt from "Richard Ring"

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...

  I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it