[bookport] Re: can't connect to my computer

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:27:55 -0400

Hi:

Has it always been this way or is this a new thing?  If it's never worked on
the work computer, but works at home, then it could be that you either have an
incompatible chip set or a drive letter conflict.

Try opening up My Computer and see if the Book Port shows up.  You might want
to be logged off the network when doing this.  If the Book Port shows up as a
drive letter (i. e., f, g, etc.), then you have an incompatible chip set.
There are cards that can be purchased to handle that.  If it doesn't show up as
a drive letter, then I would look at network conflicts.  For instance, if your
network drive is f, then XP is probably trying to assign the Book Port to that
same drive letter.  You will need to reassign the Book Port to another drive to
make it work.

For a detailed instructions, see the user's manual.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> gregkerbage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/28/07 02:59AM >>>
Hi guys
I have a major problem. My bp won't connect to my computer at work. It works
floorlessly at home but when it comes to work there's something wrong. I
have formatted the memory card in it, I have put new batteries in the bp. I
have even uninstalled the software and reinstalled thesoftware with no luck.
If you are thinking it's the cable it's not. I took my cable from work to
home and it works fine.
I'm at a loss. If anyone can help me out it would be great.
Cheers