[bookport] Re: bp not working

  • From: "Dory" <doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:07:49 -0700

Rob, that did not work.  It is dead.  Before reading your message, Marion
spoke to Pam who suggested we send it back.  In that case, is it all right
to ship the book port in its carton, or should its carton be placed inside
another carton?  And, do we send it to a particular section?  And, since
this is basically a brand new unit, what is the turn around time?  We had it
shipped to us UPS; we would like the unit returned to us ups.  Assuming it
is necessary to return the unit to you.

When speaking with Pam, she said this problem has been seen before when
using the def command.  She mentioned the 30 second time frame when changing
batteries.  I said I thought that the def command permitted a longer time
and she said that is not the case.

I would like some clarification here and I quote from the manual: Battery Change: D+E+F
Normally, you may change batteries without fear of loosing any of your settings or
even your place in the book you are reading. Book Port provides enough supplemental
power to give you about 30 seconds to make the battery change. If you need more time
than that, you may use the Battery Change command to make the unit store its internal
settings.

Dory
doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx