[bookport] Re: bp not working

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:00:55 -0400

Dory:

Were you able to regain control of the Book Port? Don't worry about
connecting it or chasing down Windows Assistance messages until you get
the Book Port Working. The Windows Assistance messages are useless in
this situation anyway.

Rob Meredith

>>> doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/11/05 07:49AM >>>
While reading early this morning,   Marion got the battery warning. It
is
very easy to lose track of time but he does not think he was near the
40
hour timeframe. About a minute later,  he then got a second warning,
pressed
def to change batteries.  Did not have any handy.  So waited awhile
before
changing batteries.   When he changed batteries , the bp would not
work.  I
plugged it into both his and then my computer which resulted in an
approximation of the following message:

"usb device not recognized
one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and

windows does not recognize it.
For assistance in solving this problem, click this message."

That's the end of the message and I cannot find where to click.
I do not understand why we are having so many initial difficulties.

Dory
doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx