[bookport] Re: bookshare

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:59:56 -0600

I believe OPF.

----- Original Message -----
From: <ljmaher@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "bookport discussion group" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:40 AM
Subject: [bookport] bookshare

Hello,

I received a Bookport for Christmas, and I am excited to try it.
I am a
subscriber to bookshare.org.

When you unpack a book from Bookshare.org, you can choose several
formats.
I chose the daisy format.  The unpacking software produced
several files
with extensions such as:
.ncx, .opf, .smil, .xml, and .css.

It is my impression that most of these might have something to do
with the
html format.  Which one of these files should I load into the
bookport.  I
am aware that I could have unpacked the book into a html
document,  and from
that I could have converted the document into a text format.
What is the
best way to read bookshare documents?

Regards
Louis Maher