[bookport] Re: bookshare

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:04:49 -0500

Hi,
I always unpack the Bookshare Daisy books to a special folder, then have the Bookport transfer software select books from this folder to send to the Bookport. It will automaticly select the correct file to send. Jim
At 12:40 PM 12/28/05, you wrote:

Hello,

I received a Bookport for Christmas, and I am excited to try it. I am a subscriber to bookshare.org.

When you unpack a book from Bookshare.org, you can choose several formats. I chose the daisy format. The unpacking software produced several files with extensions such as:
.ncx, .opf, .smil, .xml, and .css.

It is my impression that most of these might have something to do with the html format. Which one of these files should I load into the bookport. I am aware that I could have unpacked the book into a html document, and from that I could have converted the document into a text format. What is the best way to read bookshare documents?

Regards Louis Maher