[bookport] Re: bookport transfers

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:42:24 -0400

Robert:

This doesn't sound particularly abnormal, given the size of the book,
and the fact that time compression is preferred. A faster PC would help
a little, but not enough to invest in one just for this purpose. We are
talking about a lot of data and data transformations here.

Rob Meredith

>>> robert.fenton@xxxxxxx 07/08/05 01:40AM >>>
Hi Everybody:

I have a friend who has a bookport and is attempting to transfer daisy
audio books (daisy version 2.x).  While the books do eventually
transfer, it takes approximately one hour to transfer an audio book that
is twelve hours in length.  Her system has 256 mb ram and she is
operating windows xp home edition.  She is also compressing the speed to
speed the book up but is not compressing pauses.  Do any of you have any
idea why the transfers are taking so long on her pc?

Thank you.