[bookport] Re: bookport professional

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:01:35 -0600 (CST)

My wish list from way back when stands, for myself.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

If aph made a professional version that would mean twice as much work for them, maintaining both units that is. The only addition I would like to see to the notetaker on the bookport side is a spellchecker. And on the part of the transfer software, the ability to convert your notes files into brf doc or rtf files when synchronized to the pc using the synchronise notes option in the pc transfer software. I don't by any means expect the notetaker to do all the things that a voicenote or braillenote can do. It should just stay simple. But the addition of a spell-checker would be nice. And once the transfer software converts the files into a simple word document, then one can make any formatting changes he or she wishes using microsoft word or wordpad on the pc. I would also like to have the ability to press space with dots 45 to enter a tab character. This would allow for easier formatting when the text file is converted. And yes tabs can be inserted into text or .txt files. I did it before with my braille lite 18 and braille n speak classic.
It's an ascii 9 character if I'm not mistaken from my days when I used DOS.

Josh

he should try out the animal before he bought him. He took the could. The Bear soon left him, for it is said he will not touch-land... A RIVER carried down in its stream two Pots, one made of pounce upon in a whole year. Evil wishes, like chickens, come home to roost.