[bookport] Re: [book port] Re: Where are book port files stored before being transferred to the Book Port?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:20:27 -0500

More that I should have included. You _can_ download the files directly to
the Book Port if you completely bypass the transfer software and treat the
BP as just another drive, but then, you can't play them unless they're MP3
files. MP3 is the only file format you can play on the BP without sending it
from your cojmputer to the BP using the transfer software. If you downloaded
text or any other format to the BP directly, you cannot play them. I'm not
sure, but I think that when you download files from a web site, they are
temporarily stored on your computer until the download is completed, at
which point, those temporary files are deleted automatically by the
operating system.