[bookport] Re: battery level

  • From: Simon Jaeger <simonjaeger@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:59:43 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 9:16 AM
Subject: [bookport] Re: battery level

Hi Tat:

The battery readings are best suited for alkaline use. If that is what you are using, they should be accurate, provided you're not using a cheap set of batteries. If you are using other battery types, then the levels may vary.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

tataindi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/22/07 12:08PM >>>
Hello,

When I press d+f to verify battery level bp changes every time I give this command. For instance, first it said 20% and when I pressed again to be sure, it said 30%. Then I pressed again to confirm and said 50% and later another, etc. Is this normal when the battery is low, or does bp have any problem?
Thank you,
Tat

pure energy and re-charged alcaline batteries tend to really screw up your battery meter. I recommend not relying on it if that's what you're using

Simon